Tuesday, June 14, 2011

June 13th Destruction

So, After my new Manifold came in, and absolutely no shops in Davis could do the install, I decided to beast mode it in the sun without the correct tools for the job, or a lift.  But hesitate not! I think I got lucky.

The main problem that prevented me intially from doing the job myself is the exhaust system is one piece.  I figured that It would be nearly impossible to move the downpipe in order to move the manifold.  But after  an hour of wiggling and moving, and forcing the damn thing to adjust I managed to get enough room to loosen the bolts and remove the broken manifold for the new one.

Just A lil Six pack for me and my buddy to combat the Summer sun.



THE shop; It's a fancy spot, with great tools.  Shade tree mechanic quite literally.

 John literally lent me only a hand.
 Removing exhaust manifold bolts


 Finally got the Downpipe out of the way, so I can adjust the turbo

 GOODby manifold, goodbye turbo...
 I guess I was runnin a lil Rich.



 Downpipe and exhaust out.
In the AIIIIRRR

No comments:

Post a Comment